Shamba Resources (farming)
Infonet-Biovision is a great resource of scientifically and practically sound information for strengthening sustainable development of farmers and rural communities in Africa by allowing them to access, use and share information developed in the 4-H (Plant, Human, Animal and Environmental health) areas.
The Organic Farmer
The Organic Farmer (TOF) is a magazine with practical information, it is published monthly and is distributed free of charge to interested farmer groups in Kenya. 60,000 farmers already receive concrete guidance and practical tips on securing and increasing their harvests through simple, environmentally friendly means.
Practical Action has been using appropriate technology to help people in the developing world for more than four decades. Within Practical Answers section of this site you will find a knowledge bank of these technologies so that you can take them and replicate them.
Health & Medicine
References on health care.
These materials do not provide medical advice and are for informational purposes only. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here.
Hesperian Health Guides
Easy to understand, practical, accurate and heavily illustrated guides on health topics that are very helpful for remote areas where access to medical personnel and facilities is limited.
- Where There Is No Doctor. A village health care handbook.
- Where There Is No Dentist
- Where Women Have No Doctor
- Disabled Village Children
- Women with Disabilities - A Health Handbook
- A Book for Midwives: Care for pregnancy and birth
- Helping Children Who Are Deaf
- Helping Children Who Are Blind
- Cholera Prevention Fact Sheet
- Sanitation and Cleanliness for a Healthy Environment
- Water for Life - Community water security
- A Community Guide to Environmental Health
- Helping Health Workers Learn